Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

My partner Jayte Hamilton, and I have taken on a project we like to call "hangin green!" We started out with two liter bottles, which we cut in half. Then we duck tape the top half of the bottle onto the bottom half of the bottle. The top half of the bottle with be the bottom part of our reusable plant holder, which will collect any water the plant does not need, this water will come out of the bottom of the bottom half of the bottles, which we poked wholes in. Next we tied fishing string to the four wholes we have punched with a whole puncher on the top of the bottom half of the bottle. These strings will be used to hang up the plants. Next we just plant out plants in the soil, water every Monday and Thursday, and wait to see what pops up! But, we do have a few plants that are growing and making the room look real "green!" I brought 5 philodendron starts to school (which were my mothers). That day we planted them firmly in the soil and watched them grow as we water and nurture them daily! We are always thrilled when we see new leaves sprout! We talk to them all the time, we will say certain things like "oh look! We're grandparents!" or "look! This one has a new baby! good job plants we are so proud of you!" This has been a really fun project to work on, I am very happy that we got to be apart of this project! I am ecstatic I had the chance to be apart of the Green Team this semester, this was a great experience, and an even better memory! I'm happy I have a few more weeks left with you all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Terracycle on Dipity

Scientific American - Energy & Sustainability